Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)?
PDR is a method of removing minor dents and dings without removing any paint from the vehicle. This is done by very patiently manipulating the dent out from the back of the panel, or sometimes from the front using specialized tools.
 
2. What are the benefits of PDR?
The most important benefit is quality. This method is the closest you can get to the dent never happening in the first place. No grinding, fillers or primers are needed because your original factory paint is not disturbed. There are no problems with filler or paint shrinkage months after the repair as is typical with most conventional repairs.
 
Cost is also a major benefit of PDR. A typical estimate for a minor dent from a body shop usually ranges between $350-500 or higher. That same dent can usually be repaired for $75-150 using PDR.
 
Time savings is yet another advantage. That same dent can often be fixed in less than an hour. A body shop will take 3-5 days, or longer.
 
3. Will my paint be damaged?
No. Today's factory paints are very flexible and will not be damaged in any way by this process. Paintless Dent Repair is the only way to repair a dent and still keep your factory paint.
 
4. Will my dents be 100% gone?
On minor dents, in most cases, yes. The deeper the dent, the more difficult it is to repair. Even on larger dents, once we're done, most people are amazed at the results. We always explain in detail how your dent will likely look before any work is started.
 
5. Will my dents come back?
Absolutely not. Once a dent has been removed properly with PDR, it never comes back. Most dents repaired conventionally develop a ring around the dent, or sand scratch marks 3-6 months after the repair. This is never the case with properly performed PDR.
 
6. Can any dent be fixed?
No. The most important factors in determining if a dent can be repaired by PDR are depth and location. Dents the size of a dinner plate or larger can be fixed successfully, as long as they are not too deep, or twisted.
 
On the other hand, some dents that are as small as a 10 cent piece, but very deep, cannot be fixed using PDR because the metal is too stretched. Cracked paint can also be an indication that a dent is too deep. The most common dents fixed are the size of a golf ball and under.
 
About 95% of minor dents can be repaired, leaving about 5% of minor dents that can't be fixed due to depth or location. Areas such as some quarter panel opening lips, some forward areas of heavily braced hoods, or the very edges of some panels are examples of bad locations.
 
7. What does "no drilling" mean?
It has become common practice by many PDR technicians to drill or punch holes in places like door frames, quarter panel jambs, inner wheelhouse panels, etc. to gain access to a dent with their tools. The Auto Dentist will always take the extra time to try and repair a dent without drilling.
 
In the event that there is no other way to repair a dent except to drill a small hole, or if it is less expensive to drill a small hole, you will always be advised of this and the choice will be yours. If a small hole is necessary, it will be rust-proofed and plugged.
 
8. Do you do scratches or paint work?
No, we don't. There are too many quality problems with the quick, mobile paint repair systems. If your vehicle needs paint work, I'll be happy to refer you to a quality paint shop in your area.
 
9. Can PDR help me with my Lease Return Vehicle?
We sure can. We can remove those dents for a lot less than you will be charged for "excessive wear and tear on your vehicle's exterior." If your lease is up soon, give us a call; you'll be glad you did.
 
10. I've got lots of dents - do you have a discount for more than one dent?
Yes, we offer discounts for multiple dents. If you have more than one minor dent on a panel, we can generally include those dents for very little extra, depending on the sizes and number of dents. If your car has a lot of minor dents, we offer a per car price that is very reasonable.

11. Can PDR help me sell my car?
Ever hear the saying "Image is everything"? Most people judge a car by its appearance. If it looks good, they assume it has been well taken care of. Used car dealers and wholesalers know this. They also know what they spend on PDR will increase the price of the car, and will help them sell the car more quickly. If you're selling your car, PDR is one of the best ways to get top dollar, more interested buyers, and a quicker sale.
   Home      
 
  
   How It Works      
 
  
   Photo Gallery      
 
  
   Get an estimate      
 
  
   About Us      
 
  
   Contact Us   
Copyright © 2009. www.theAutoDentist.com.au     Login
Website Design By VACC.